Do you need someone to take your writing to the next level?
Do you need a professional to show you how to get published in the Christian marketplace?
Are you in need of a book proposal that will “wow” a Pub board?
Are you interested in self-publishing a book but don’t know how the process works? Could you benefit from a personalized writing retreat in Colorado?
If so, then I may be the coach for you. I specialize in:
- Book proposals. Before I wrote books and magazine articles, I worked for a Fortune 200 company that is recognized as one of the top makerters in the world. These days, unless you can package your proposal in a way that allows the publisher to see mega-marketing potential, the likelihood of seeing your book in bookstores is slim. (Ask me about my success rate for getting books or magazine articles published and how marketing made the difference).
- Magazine articles. I can help you shape what you want to say, recommend outlets, and show you how to go about getting your material published.
- Goal setting. I can help you develop short and long term strategies to get where you want to go.
- Structure. Finding the hook or framework in which to pour your material is critical if you are interested in writing for publication. As authors, we sometimes get too close to our own work. As your writing coach I can provide objective feedback and help you find the shape and form you seek.
- Line editing. I will review your work and teach you how to add zip and zing to lackluster sentences.
Let me explain a bit about coaching and how I work.
Metochoi Development Corporation consists of Dr. Peter Pintus, a certified life coach specializing in leadership development (www.wildgoosecoaching.com), and Lorraine Pintus, a speaking/writing coach with more than 30 years experience as an author, speaker, certified public relations consultant and registered lobbyist.
Metochoi is a Greek word that means “partnering with Christ.” As your coach, I (Lorraine) commit to partner with Christ for your success. Coaching involves an ongoing relationship for an agreed upon time period between a coach and a person who chooses to be coached (client). As your coach, my goal is to help you acheive your writing goals and increase your skills. Allow me to explain some of the components involved in coaching.
Commitment. Coaching generally requires an ongoing relationship over a period of several months or more. The time frame is determined jointly by the coach and the client. Either party can terminate the relationship at any time. Most coaching takes place over the telephone but can also consist of e-mail, Skype, or face-to-face communication. In the context of writing, coaching is generally a mixture of phone contact and manuscript review. In the context of speaking, coaching combines phone contact as well as review and critique of the client’s speeches.
Tools and Processes. Coaching can involve a number of different tools and processes such as:
- Critique of written/audio/visual material
- Structure and/or line editing
- Resource sharing
- Prayer and accountability
- Written assignments
- Research projects
- Goal-setting (short and long term)
- Plans of action
- Agreements to change behavior
- Optional personalized writing retreats
Confidentiality. Coaching values a confidential relationship. Lorraine agrees to maintain strict confidentiality with all information, except in those situations where such confidentiality would violate local, state or federal law or perceived harm to the client or others could occur. The client agrees to hold in confidence any personal material, written or spoken, that the coach may provide.
Values. Coaching is most effective when both parties are authentic, honest, and straightforward in their coaching relationship and communication. Lorraine is a committed believer in Jesus Christ and her faith in Him will be reflected in her coaching sessions.
If you think I might be the right coach for you, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free twenty minute coaching session.
(The button below is a convenience for my clients.)